This is a Series post on Search Engine Optimization for WordPress. Please read your first and second post before read this post.
In the I am writing about WordPress Robot.txt Page speed and Sitemap for beginners
7. Robot.txt : This text file control search engine bot. You can select which link will be index and which will not by search engine.
# Google Image
# Google AdSense
# digg mirror
8. Internal linking : Internal link increase SEO ranking. Because visitors spend more time on your website by clicking internal link. You increase visited time posting 5 or 10 internal link of Related articles, Top visited articles, Latest content link, Top commented article etc.
On the other hand we can insert other posts link into related keywords.
9. Website load time: Don’t forget that page speed is a large factor for Search Engine Optimization. Delay page loading will reduce your SEO ranking. Most reliable online page speed test service is Google page speed and Yahoo yslow
But we can test your website page speed from
http://www.gtmetrix.com the site shows results from both Google page speed and yahoo yslow, it’s gives a rank within 0 to 100. Standard rank is 80 to 100.
if it’s show low score for your site. Then it will show some suggestions the site. It’s very important to fix the problems. You can use w3 total caache
10. XML Sitemap : Sitemap is a very important part of SEO. There are hundreds of plug in available for WordPress to create automatic Sitemap. I’m using Google XML sitemaps I think plugins are more reliable than online tools to create xml Sitemap. There are also many online tools available to create xml and html Sitemap. You have to make a XML site map for search engines bot and a human readable HTML Sitemap.
Example : http://www.pcjar.com/sitemap.xml . After creating a XML sitemap you have to submit sitemap to Search Engine. You can submit to Google search engine via Google Webmaster tools and Bing via Bing Webmaster tools
11. Back link : Back link is most important part of search engine optimization. There are so many way to create a back link for yout website like Commenting, Forum Posting, Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission. Discover more about good Quality Back links in another post How to create quality back link for best traffic and SEO
12. Social Share Button : You can share a link to social networking sites via Share Button. It’s also important for SEO. When visitors like any post they can share on their social profile. It’s a good syoutce of back link. For more Read Pure CSS3 and PHP Social Share Button script for WordPress
13. Image optimization : Using image into article is also an important part of SEO . Using Image also make yout post more user friendly and helpful. But large size image can reduce page speed. It’s very harmful for SEO. So we should optimize image size at smallest. There are many image optimization tools available both online and offline. I am using a plugin to optimize image name Ewww image optimization