How to transfer WordPress site from one domain to another domain
In this article I am writing about the easiest way to transfer WordPress site from one domain to another domain or from localhost to your hosting account. In this trick I shall show you how to transfer WordPress site with Database to your hosting account from localhost. Or How to transfer WordPress site with all content and Database from your existing domain to another domain.
- Go to root directory of your website file >> select all file and Click on compressed. It will make a single zip file from your all file. Download the zip file.
- Create a backup of your database. Simply go to phpmyadmin
- >> select your database >> Click on Export >> Click on go. Now the databases file will be download.
- Now sign in to your domain cPanel click on name server( NS1, NS2 url) , Input the name and save it. You have to input at least two name server URL. Wait for one to four hours for save the setting.
You should avoid the step if you already have done.
- Now sign in to your hosting account using cPanel or FTP account.
- Go to root directory of your hosting account and simply upload the website file and extract it.
- Delete the wp-config.php file.
- Now go to phpmyadmin account >> Create a new database.
- Now Click on import and Select the database file in sql format.
- Once complete the upload select the database and Click on SQL
UPDATE wp_posts SET `guid` = replace(`guid`, ‘http://old_url.com’,’http://new_url.com/’);
UPDATE wp_posts SET `post_content` = replace(`post_content`, ‘http://old_url.com/’, ‘http://new_url.com/’);
UPDATE wp_postmeta SET `meta_value` = replace(`meta_value`,’http://old_url.com/’,’http://new_url.com/’);
- Copy the code from text box. Replace the http://old_url.com/ with your current domain address and Replace http://new_url.com/ with your new domain URL.
- Make sure you have Write your URL correctly.
- Now Click on Go. You will see WordPress configure page.
- Now Click on Create a Configuration File
- Write your new database name, Database user name, and password correctly and Click on Create.
- Admin user name and password will be same to old website.
For Any kind of Problem Please Comment.